|This could have been said equally well by Buddha, Beck, or Albert Ellis!|
Eastern philosophers are completely in agreement with Western cognitive-behavioral psychology concerning the cause of unhappiness. They differ only in their approach.
Western scientists are currently discovering how your brain can learn to turn anxiety into calmness, as expressed in the following video by Martin L. Rossman, M.D., speaking at the University of San Francisco.
For more instruction in guided imagery, see: "How to Hypnotize Yourself Using the Best Me Technique."
For more information on intentional thought, see Claude Bristol's "The Magic of Believing."
For more information on visualization, see: "How to Achieve Your Goals Without Using 'Will Power.'"
In no particular order, here are just a few the other practical applications of hyperempiria, or suggestion-enhanced experience, contained on this Blog, You can learn how to:
- Keep your boss from driving you crazy
- Achieve Your Dreams, or Enable the Dreams of Others
- Change Your Life and Get the Things You Want
- Learn deep relaxation hypnosis for falling asleep
- Overcome Fear of Failure and Fear of Success
- Create Winning Goals
- Overcome depression
- Get thin and STAY thin
- Improve academic performance
- Achieve your goals without using "will power"
- Recognize a personality disorder
- Motivate yourself for long-range tasks
- REALLY Win Friends and Influence People!
- REALLY Stop Worrying and Start Living!
- Learn to hypnotize yourself
- Explore Alternate Universes
- Eliminate procrastination
- Overcome perfectionism
- LIVE the action of your favorite dramatic scenes
- Suppress the ravages of pain
- Master the art of hypnosis
- Facilitate meditation and prayer
- Improve your psychic abilities
- Re-create a mystical experience whenever you wish.
- Learn to Forgive Yourself and Others
- Discover the Most Important Things in Life
- Find Your Life's Goals and Values
- Talk to Your "Inner Healer"
- Make Friends at Any Age
- Manage Depression, Anger, Anxiety, Addiction, and Obsessive Thoughts
- The Blog contains many other examples of hyperempiria for the enhancement of human potential, the ennoblement of the human spirit, and the fulfillment of human existence. Scroll down the Blog Archive in the column at the right of your screen and click on the titles of the entries you wish to see. For earlier dates, first click on the date, and then click on the titles of the entries that open up.
See also the following print sources:
Gibbons, D. E. (2001). Experience as an art form. .New York, NY: Authors Choice Press.
Gibbons, D. E. (2000). Applied hypnosis and hyperempiria. Lincoln, NE: Authors Choice Press (originally published 1979 by Plenum Press).
Gibbons, D. E., & Cavallaro, L (2013).. Exploring alternate universes: And learning what they can teach us. Amazon Kindle E-Books. (Note: It is not necessary to own a Kindle reader to download this e-book, as the Kindle app may be downloaded free of charge to a standard desktop or laptop computer and to most cell phones.)
Gibbons, D. E., & Lynn, S. J. (2010). Hypnotic inductions: A primer. in S. J. Lynn, J. W. Rhue, & I. Kirsch (Eds.) Handbook of clinical hypnosis, 2nd ed. Washington, DC: American Psychological Association, pp. 267-291.