For those who have difficulty being hypnotized and who would like some help, there is a free group at www.hypnothoughts.com entitled, "Hard to Hypnotize?" which is specifically for those who have difficulty being hypnotized. whose leader, widely-respected hypnotist, +John Cleesattel, makes the unconditional promise: "If you have tried many times and still have had no success, contact me and together we can make it happen." +Michael Ellner also makes the following excellent suggestions:
Try warming you hand with a hair dryer and then try to mentally recreate the sensation. Next bite into a slice of a lemon and then try to mentally recreate the taste of the lemon. Keep at it until you can easily warm your hands and taste the lemon by just thinking about it. Next work on sensing a tingling in your finger tips when you can do this move the sensation into your hands. These simple exercises should be a gateway to learning how to create sensations by just thinking about it.
Gibbons, D. E. (2001). Experience as an art form. .New York, NY: Authors Choice Press.
Hull, C. L.. (1933). Hypnosis and suggestibility: An experimental approach. New York: Appleton-Century.
Spiegel, H. (1974). The grade 5 syndrome: The highly hypnotizable person. International Journal of clinical and experimental hypnosis, 22(4), pp. 303-319.
- Keep your boss from driving you crazy
- Achieve Your Dreams, or Enable the Dreams of Others
- Change Your Life and Get the Things You Want
- Learn deep relaxation hypnosis for falling asleep
- Overcome Fear of Failure and Fear of Success
- Create Winning Goals
- Overcome depression
- Get thin and STAY thin
- Improve academic performance
- Achieve your goals without using "will power"
- Recognize a personality disorder
- Motivate yourself for long-range tasks
- REALLY Win Friends and Influence People!
- REALLY Stop Worrying and Start Living!
- Learn to hypnotize yourself
- Explore Alternate Universes
- Eliminate procrastination
- Overcome perfectionism
- LIVE the action of your favorite dramatic scenes
- Suppress the ravages of pain
- Master the art of hypnosis
- Facilitate meditation and prayer
- Improve your psychic abilities
- Re-create a mystical experience whenever you wish.
- Learn to Forgive Yourself and Others
- Discover the Most Important Things in Life
- Find Your Life's Goals and Values
- Talk to Your "Inner Healer"
- Make Friends at Any Age
- Manage Depression, Anger, Anxiety, Addiction, and Obsessive Thoughts
- The Blog contains many other examples of hyperempiria for the enhancement of human potential, the ennoblement of the human spirit, and the fulfillment of human existence. Scroll down the Blog Archive in the column at the right of your screen and click on the titles of the entries you wish to see. For earlier dates, first click on the date, and then click on the titles of the entries that open up.