|There are probably as many altered experiences of consciousness|
as it is possible to conceive or to imagine!
When you label a "thing" in hypnosis, you call it into existence. There are probably as many altered experiences of consciousness as it is possible to conceive or to imagine; for each of these imagined definitions may be given a name and written up in the form of an induction and experienced by a sufficiently willing and responsive client as part of his or her own personal reality. This being so, it is not difficult to design an altered experience of consciousness in such a way as to bring about the kind of change you intend to produce.
While presenting a paper at the Society for Clinical and Experimental Hypnosis on multimodal hyperempiria, I casually remarked that instead of sending a person "down" into hypnosis or "up" into hyperempiria, it would be just as easy to send them "sideways" into an altered experience of consiciousness, which we could call laterosis. Later, I decided to take myself seriously. Lenny Cavallaro and I wrote a book on laterosis, entitled, Exploring Alternate Universes: And Learning What They Can Teach Us.
If the number of suggestion-induced altered experiences of consciiousness is indeed unlimited, as it appears to be, given the ease with which such experiences may be constructed, the only question which we need to ask ourselves is, how can we define such experiences in a manner which is the most useful for the task at hand?
- Keep your boss from driving you crazy
- Learn deep relaxation hypnosis for falling asleep
- Conquer anxiety and perform at your best
- Create Winning Goals
- Overcome depression
- Get thin and STAY thin
- Improve academic performance
- Achieve your goals without using "will power"
- Recognize a personality disorder
- Motivate yourself for long-range tasks
- Learn to hypnotize yourself
- Explore Alternate Universes
- Eliminate procrastination
- Overcome perfectionism
- LIVE the action of your favorite dramatic scenes
- Suppress the ravages of pain
- Reap the full benefits of meditation for personal growth
- Master the art of hypnosis
- Facilitate meditation and prayer
- Improve your psychic abilities
- Re-create a mystical experience whenever you wish.
- Learn to Forgive Yourself and Others
- Discover the Most Important Things in Life
- Find Your Life's Goals and Values
- Talk to Your "Inner Healer"
- Make Friends at Any Age
- The Blog contains many other examples of hyperempiria for the enhancement of human potential, the ennoblement of the human spirit, and the fulfillment of human existence.