|"The cave you fear to enter |
holds the treasure that you seek." -- Joseph Campbell
Now that we are able to induce mystical experiences at will, some striking singularities have been noted by my clients and by others with whom I have corresponded; and this appears to be a fruitful area for future investigation. Jessica Bergkvist said, "I have known many people (myself included) who remember having some kind of 'supernatural' ability as a child (visions, seeing energy/auras, going out of body, feeling 'bad vibes,' dreams that came true). Many dismiss it as having had an "over-active imagination" because that is what they were told (as if imagination were a bad thing...) by the adults in their lives. Sometimes they dismiss the whole idea of it because they were taught (by religious teachers/parents) that it was 'wrong' or the 'work of the devil, or that they are merely exhibiting symptoms of schizophrenia. 'Whatever their reasons for suppressing their natural abilities, I have seen some powerful changes happen in people's lives when they (through hypnosis) remember that they have these abilities and learn to trust themselves, God, and the Universe. One client I worked with on this was very afraid of her intuitive feelings due to some religious issues. When she finally learned to trust that it was a gift from God, her abilities began to grow quickly. Today, she is a full time psychic reader (and a very accurate and popular one...)."
On the other hand, there are also numerous reports of people who are reported to have overcome the fear of using their psychic powers due to the presence of special factors:
- Children as a group frequently tend to score well on ESP tests, because their innocence protects them from a realization of the risks involved;
- In trivial situations, such as "knowing" when we are about to get a parking place, or in occasionally picking the winners of a horse race which we have not bet on, there is actually little risk of being right too often;
- In a crisis, when a loved one is dying, the emotional bond may be strong enough to overcome our fear;
- In religious contexts, where the saints and mystics of every persuasion have been able to overcome their fear with perfect faith, perfect trust, and perfect love.
- Psychics or a fortune tellers often run little personal risk, because their predictions are made about the lives of someone else.
- Belief that we are experiencing a past, parallel, or future lifetime in hyperempiria essentially renders us safe from harm if there is sufficient trust in the suggestion-guide, because it removes us from out present existence.
Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, "Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous?" Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it is in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.
Recently, Lenny Cavallaro and I have been suggesting to clients in hyperempiria that they are being transported to an alternate universe where time and space do not exist. After orienting them to this universe and inducing emotions which a as pleasant as possible -- i.e., "dissolvng into an ocean of infinite, unbounded, and everlasting love" to maximize trust and confidence, we provide suggestions such as the following. "with practice, you will be able to feel this kind of fulfillment whenever you put your whole self into working towards a goal you have chosen. Believe it will happen, expect it to happen, and feel it hapening! With sufficient encouragement and sustained training, you iwill become able to act, think, and feel as if it were impossible to fail!" But, as I have learned from personal experience, the object our love must be sufficiently advanced beyond the apelike creatires who gave us birth to be worthy of it, or our efforts will come to naught.